Me & My Family Together
The “Eu si Familia Mea” program, or “Me & My Family Together,” provides Outreach Workers who work with 48 handicapped children in foster and group care in Bistrita-Nasaud County.
“Eu si Familia Mea” is funded, in part, by LIFT The Children Foundation, a division of the Sacramento Child Abuse Prevention Center (CAPC). The program provides all 48 children with weekly home visits from trained Outreach Workers, and 11 of those children also benefit from daily therapeutic group activities led by trained Educators. Families also receive training, support and consults from a Psychologist and Physical Therapist, as needed.
- Children included in the program: disabled children from the residential center, family-type homes, foster care and their biological family, institutionalized and post institutionalized children, including special needs children in the Bistrita-Nasaud County.
- Methodology of inclusion into the program: all the beneficiaries are included in the program upon the recommendation of the Dept. of Social Services social workers and marked in their data base.
- Assessing the institutionalized children’s psycho-motor development and setting up an Individualized intervention plan.
- Performing educational, social, recreational activities, parties, festivities;
- Therapy through playing and recovery therapy for developmentally delayed children;
- Activities to enhance the awareness and acceptance of handicapped children in the community.